Friday, April 08, 2005

I had promised a new mailing this week. Instead, I got a full-on, sparks-flying, smoke-billowing system crash on Tuesday night. To make things worse, my backup machine went down about a week ago, and my backup backup machine was in the shop getting updated. I was left with my Linux game server, which is literally a box sitting in a corner, without a monitor, which runs 24/7. I hooked up a monitor, keyboard and mouse and was able to gain limited access to the 'net and new email.

Clearly this wasn't going to work, so yesterday I stuck a new power supply into the sick machine, hoping the motherboard hadn't been fried during the fireworks. I was certain that, even if the hardware was OK, the data on the hard drive would be corrupted. But I got lucky and so far things seem okay. I'm going to spend the rest of the tonight putting things back together and verifying the system's integrity.

Just to add to my frustration, Blogger has been having some famous problems and I was delayed in posting this message.

So this is all a long way of explaning why there will be no mailing this week. I'm fairly confident that I'll be able to get it out by next Wednesday. I hope you understand and promise hope it will be worth it. If you want to get the mailing but haven't signed up yet, you can do so at our home page. Just fill out the little form in the bottom right corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home