Tuesday, May 01, 2007

No Degree Because of MySpace Pic

Just a few days before she was expecting to receive her education degree and teaching certificate, officials at Millersville University in Pennsylvania discovered Stacy Snyder's MySpace page, which included a picture of her wearing a pirate hat and drinking from a plastic cup. The caption for the photo was "Drunken Pirate".

That was enough for the school officials. Even though the 27 year old mother of two was of drinking age when the photo was taken in 2005, they said it was "unprofessional" and denied her certificate and education degree. Instead they issued a degree in English.

Ms. Snyder is now suing the school for $75,000, her degree, and certificate.
"I dreamed about being a teacher for a long time," Snyder said. "When I was growing up, I spent more time with my teachers than my own parents, and it inspired me to someday make a positive impact on children."

via BoingBoing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home